Afshin Moeini - Religion eller tradition?
23 Maj, 2011 | Sofia Hulting | 0 Comments
The students in Visual Communication have played with our national symbols along highway 80.
What will the tourist bring with him as a souvenir and memory of Sweden in the future? Will it still be Dalecarlia horses and the symbol of three crowns? This spring, the first-year students in Visual Communication at Beckmans College of Design were commissioned to symbolize Sweden and the Swedes in the future. The result is on display this summer on 12 large canvases along highway 80 between Falun and Sundborn. The road exhibition is an introduction to the exhibition Dalarna in Black and White which is on display in the Art Gallery Kvarnen until August 14th.
What did the students pick as future Swedish symbols? Find out below!
Per Sturesson: The country of lagom (translates "just right")! What is actually lagom? In order to find out once and for all I've conducted an inquiry. In different experiments, people were asked to define which symbol they felt was lagom, or just right. And how big it should be. And how it should be placed. The big canvas shows the result. See more at Lagomexperimentet!
Arthur Röing Baer: Sweden's next heir to the throne! A computer generated prediction, created by digitally combining the faces of Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel.
Andrea Andersson and Eddie Ågren: Åh! Äh! Öh! Three Swedish feelings.
Lisa Hågeby: Home sweet home! Tatooed in Thai. With this image I want to symbolize the annual pilgrimage of the Swedes to a country that has become a second home.
Hanna Hein: A smörgåsbord! I hope we can remain a country where curiosity of other cultures will continue to enriche our culture. With my symbol I want to encourage diversity and a welcoming and broad-minded country.
Kim Brundin: A tribute to the Swedish fika (translates "to have a coffe")! As a social tradition, the Swedish fika is almost unique and in a society where digital communication takes an even larger part of our lives, there is nothing that beats meeting over a cup of coffee. It's a fine tradition that we should cherish and take with us into the future.
Ludvig Franzén: The Swedes and the weather! It is very Swedish to talk about the weather. Something that is even more Swedish is to complain about the weather. This is what I've illustrated with meterological symbols.
Moa Wiking: Pirates on the Internet? We're about to change the motifs of our bank-notes. What makes a symbol? And what does it say about a country? I think the strongest symbol of Sweden is the Internet and file-sharing. King Gustav Vasa as a Pirate Bay pirate is how I visualize this.
Christian Poppius: Is Allsång (sing-a-long TV programme) for everyone? Allsång is a nice tradition to take with us into the future. It is at least a place where everyone can be friends.
Afshin Moeini: Religion or tradition? We've gathered around religious feasts for thousands of years. Today, however, it is our traditions that bring us together while religions loose ground. Christianity has become a tradition in Sweden just like Midsummer.
Rasmus Örtgård Ohlson: The tramp signs! In former times, tramps used to mark places so that other tramps would know what kind of people they had arrived to. The big circle with a smaller circle inside means "Here you can find food and money!" The old tramp signs says everything about Sweden!
Christian Poppius: Fermented Baltic herring. This traditional delicacy arise many feelings! In order to not only have acid herrings in the future it pays to continue thinking about the enivronment and make sure lakes and the sea are kept clean.
Responsible for this course were Annika Berner, Programme Director, Visual Communication and Lars Fuhre, senior lecturer in Visual Communication. Christina Britton was tutor for the course.
- Graduation Exhibition 2013 2 Maj, 2013
- Design students selected for Milan 2013! 8 Apr, 2013
- Fashion Innovation 2 at the Röhsska Museum 20 Mar, 2013
- Accessories á la Beckmans 12 Mar, 2013
- Beckmans in collaboration for sustainability 22 Feb, 2013
- Honorable mention in sustainability contest! 21 Feb, 2013
- Nominated to sustainability prize 18 Feb, 2013
- Beckmans at Designers' Nest 1 Feb, 2013
- Beckmans' Product Design students at Stockholm Furniture Fair 17 Jan, 2013
- Erik Litzén finalist in H&M Design Award 16 Jan, 2013
- Brand New - fashion show at NK Department Store 16 Jan, 2013
- No Season - Beckmans' fashion students at MBFW 15 Jan, 2013
- Beckmans at Stockholm Furniture Fair 10 Jan, 2013
- Three students nominated for Scholarship 3 Dec, 2012
- Crafting for the Chrismas Market 29 Nov, 2012
- Beckmans interprets the Nobel Prize 23 Nov, 2012
- Onkar Kular on visit 19 Nov, 2012
- Who´s Sugarman? 14 Nov, 2012
- Students launches art and antique fair 5 Nov, 2012
- Fashion Exhibition at the Nordic Light Hotel 19 Okt, 2012
- Chandeliers from Design students 11 Okt, 2012
- Take a look at the pot 1 Okt, 2012
- Beckmans in Vietnam 25 Sep, 2012
- Bid on a T-shirt! 29 Aug, 2012
- Students create interior design in new apartment area 13 Aug, 2012
- Double victory in the D&AD 26 Jun, 2012
- Beckmans fashionshow films travelled to Los Angeles 5 Jun, 2012
- Design students exhibit at Lauritz.com 4 Jun, 2012
- Fashion show of the year 21 Maj, 2012
- Workshop och Opening in cooperation with Weekday. 16 Maj, 2012
- Beckman Students nominated for Young Lions. 16 Maj, 2012
- Joint exhibition: one of Israel's foremost graphic designers and Beckman Students. 2 Maj, 2012
- Beckman Students took a grand slam in poster contest. 17 Apr, 2012
- Europe are held accountable by means of Beckmans students. 10 Apr, 2012
- Alexander Krantz gold medalist in Italy 22 Mar, 2012
- Beckmansstudenter at Kulturhuset 21 Mar, 2012
- Beckmansstudenter won logo struggle for a Finnish icon 20 Mar, 2012
- Students at Beckmans winners in Contest 17 Feb, 2012
- Beckmans College of Design collaborates with Stockholms Auktionsverk 4 Feb, 2012
- Beckmans College of Design competes in Designers' Nest 3 Feb, 2012
- Never Mind the Object 1 Feb, 2012
- Material - Beckmans College of Design at MBFW 2012 20 Jan, 2012
- Fashion Innovation - Beckmans College of Design Interprets the Nobel Prize 2 Dec, 2011
- Exhibition: Apartamento Magazine, Beckmans College of Design and Konstfack 24 Nov, 2011
- NK Collection – Four Visions by Beckmans College of Design 14 Okt, 2011
- Three new Senior Lecturers at the Fashion Program 7 Sep, 2011
- Katja Pettersson new Senior Lecturer in Product and Interior Design 31 Aug, 2011
- Spontaneous sketches became textile patterns 18 Aug, 2011
- Typically Swedish? 23 Maj, 2011
- Prize-winning students 12 Maj, 2011
- Chicken Scholarship to the Prinz brothers! 15 Apr, 2011
- Gold in Kolla! 14 Apr, 2011
- What is a sustainable accessory? 13 Apr, 2011
- The winner bag 31 Mar, 2011
- Palmgrens + Beckmans = 31x27x9 31 Mar, 2011
- Artek and Beckmans 29 Mar, 2011
- One week workshop 22 Mar, 2011
- Students won film contest! 18 Mar, 2011
- Aesthetic wind farms? 1 Mar, 2011
- The installation with mops at Berns is blogged about 21 Feb, 2011
- Beckmans@Berns 8 Feb, 2011
- Beckmans College of Design at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week 3 Feb, 2011
- The Matter of Things, Stockholm Furniture Fair 2011 1 Feb, 2011
- NK presents: Something Else - Visions of Couture by Beckmans College of Design 27 Jan, 2011
- Material - Beckmans College of Design at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week 21 Jan, 2011
- Student's innovative shoes nominated for British Design Award 18 Jan, 2011
- Three students in Wallpaper*’s Next Generation Issue 22 Dec, 2010
- Design students in collaboration with Kulturhuset and Moomin 22 Dec, 2010
- Students won World’s Best App 22 Dec, 2010
- Advertising and graphic design students visited Daniel Eatock in his study at Iaspis 27 Maj, 2010
- Students from Beckmans College of Design won Gold- and Silverpen at »The One Show« in New York! 25 Maj, 2010
- Memories from the Degree Exhibition 24 Maj, 2010
- Beckmans’s College of Design’s Degree Exhibition 2010 5 Maj, 2010
- "Swedish Sweetness" in Milan 30 Mar, 2010
- Dossier features all of the 12 films from the "In a Perfect World"-exhibition 2 Mar, 2010
- 48 m² – Same but different 9 Feb, 2010
- Beckmans XV 26 Jan, 2010
- In a perfect world... 25 Jan, 2010
- Beckmans' students won D&AD Students Awards 30-day Challenge 3 Nov, 2009
- Beckmans College of Design + The Red Cross 28 Okt, 2009
- Beckmans College of Design in Bratislava 22 Sep, 2009
- Yossi Lemel at Beckmans College of Design 10 Sep, 2009
- 2019 - by Beckmans 28 Maj, 2009
- Graduation fashion show 2009 26 Maj, 2009
- Preview of this year's graduation collections 5 Maj, 2009
- Winners of Kolla! 2009 2 Maj, 2009
- Icon underwear 23 Apr, 2009
- Best Future Advertising Creator 19 Mar, 2009
- 1+1=3 A Meeting Between Two Creates Something New 29 Jan, 2009
- Knitwear Show 2009 22 Jan, 2009
- Winner Gallerian Fashion Award 08 13 Nov, 2008
- Product Design 10 at the Jewish Theatre 1 Okt, 2008
- New clothes for women internees 18 Sep, 2008
- Design happening at Djurgårdsbrunn 29 Aug, 2008
- Interview with Frida Ringström, F3, in Dazed & Confused 20 Aug, 2008
- Scholarship awarded to Beckmans alumni Helena Hörstedt 19 Aug, 2008
- Beckmans has moved to new premises 12 Aug, 2008
- Students at Beckmans won gold in Young Directors in Cannes 19 Jun, 2008
- Beckmans College of Design at the Zorn Collections 21 Maj, 2008